Is creating an invoice easily an impossible dream for a small business? How can you avoid waiting to receive payment from your customers for months, and free up time to continue to grow your business?
Read on to understand all the benefits of billing automation.
Mandatory information to be included on an invoice
The law requires a certain number of mandatory statements to be included on all invoices issued by a company:
- The invoice number, i. e. a unique identification number
- Your company name, address, and contact information
- The buyer's name, address, and contact information
- The description of the product or service and their settlement (quantity and unit price)
- The date of the sale or provision of the service,
- The issue date of the invoice,
- the amount(s) being charged
- VAT amount if applicable
- must use VAT invoices if you and your customer are VAT registered
- Total amount due
Download your free invoice template in Excel format
You are a self-employed entrepreneur and start your business with or without VAT? appvizer provides you with a free invoice template in Excel format.
The benefits of online invoicing software
You are a self-employed entrepreneur or manager of a small business (VSE, SME) and don’t have the budget to acquire a costly solution, but still want to automate your invoicing management?
Here are the benefits of an online invoicing software compared to an Excel invoicing:
- The automation of tasks, and in particular calculations,
- The simplification of your invoicing processes,
- A time saver by transforming a quote into an invoice in one click,
- The reduction of the number of errors (omission, dangerous copy and paste, applicable VAT rate, customer data to be included, etc.),
- Compliance with invoicing legislation,
- Simplified management of reminders: get paid on time,
- Better managed recurring invoicing,
- The centralisation and storage of commercial documents,
- Access to quotes and invoices at any time through the cloud,
- The personalisation of your business documents, etc.
Best free invoicing software
You want to professionalise and automate your invoicing, but do not have the necessary budget to invest in a paid solution? Here is an example of free online invoicing software, whose functionalities may be sufficient for a freelancer or a very small business:
Zervant is a free solution for small businesses. Create and send an unlimited number of invoices by email or in PDF format.
Advantages of Zervant:
- Create invoices in 60 seconds,
- Get paid faster,
- Centralise your customer and product database.
The most popular professional invoicing software on appvizer
Comparison table of easy-to-use invoicing software
appvizer has selected and compared three professional invoicing software packages for you to choose the best option for your company.
|Software||Companies targeted||Main benefit|
|Quickbooks Invoicing||Entrepreneurs, Freelancers, and VSEs||The most widely used quotation and invoice software|
|Sellsy Facturation||SMEs, VSEs, entrepreneurs, and freelancers||Electronic signature of business documents|
|Teamleader Invoicing||Entrepreneurs, freelancers, and SMEs||Clear and intuitive interface|
Quickbooks invoicing ensures that you get paid faster by your customers with personalised quotes and invoices professionally designed for you. Get a global view of current payments and simply manage unpaid bills. Its ergonomic and intuitive interface makes it an easy-to-use tool.
Advantages of Quickbooks invoicing:
- Real-time cash flow monitoring,
- Monitoring the status of invoices: sent, consulted, paid,
- Accessible from a mobile app,
- Management of recurring invoices and follow-ups.
Sellsy invoicing allows you to create commercial documents automatically and quickly. You accelerate your sales with customisable documents and secure electronic signatures.
Amazing benefits of Sellsy invoicing:
- The management of the product catalog,
- The tracking of opening and reading time,
- Online payment with Paypal, Atos, Stripe or Gocardless,
- Payment with credit card or direct debit,
- Management of recurring invoices.
Teamleader invoicing is a particular module of a well-known software. It incredibly streamlines the entire management of billing. It is a SaaS software, accessible from any device and compatible with any device. All invoices and documents produced through this software are in compliance with the law.
With Tealleader you can:
- manage recurring invoices,
- download pdf invoices,
- choose among beautifully-designed templates for your invoices.
If you still need more options to choose among, here you can find more invoicing software for any taste.
Invoice easily with custom invoicing software
Whatever solution you choose to edit your quotes and invoices with, the important thing is that it is adapted to your business, both in terms of functionality, interconnections with other tools, or price. In any case, the return on investment of this software makes this choice a wise one.
How do you manage your invoicing? Do you have any feedback to share?