What is an accounting software?
The accounting software is an IT solution to facilitate the bookkeeping of the company and its financial management. It can range from simple management of quotes, invoices, cash until the complete internalisation of the general compatibility.
How it works ?
Accounting software designed to automate and internalize all or part of the services of your accountant (debit and credit accounting, financial advice, accounting documents) as well as routine administrative operations (creation of quotes, invoices, vouchers order, supplier management, collecting invoices and expense reports, tracking payments, etc.).
The accounting software offers a financial vision. This is how it differs from commercial management software and billing software. It retranscribes the financial impacts of current operations. They are particularly recommended for small businesses (startups, TEP, independent) and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs, SMIs) that need to know precisely the debits and credits of the professional bank account or the state of the treasury in real time.
Main features of an accounting software
The features of the accounting software represent a powerful lever for the economic development of your company or your association.
Make simplified payments via a dematerialized platform
To facilitate exchanges between your partners or customers and your company, some accounting software make available to you the possibility of making payments via a platform of electronic payment means to pay bills. The movements of your account are directly integrated into your accounting to automate bank reconciliation and lettering. The exchanges are totally secure so that you can make your payments or payments in peace.
Commercial management and billing
The accounting software, integrated into a CRM module, goes further by facilitating commercial management (quotes and automated invoices). Sometimes you can also follow the management of your stocks. Whether you are a liberal profession, craftsman or business enterprise (self-employed entrepreneur, small businesses, SMEs, large companies), you will be able to follow your accounting to be perfectly aware of the financial status of your company. In line with the work of your accountant, you realize your balance sheet, the income statement and the general schedule with much more ease by regularly informing your accounting software.
Who uses accounting software?
Any company starting from 1 person must use an accounting software if only for the realization of the quotes and invoices and for the payment of the payment and the revival of the late customers. Mid-sized companies will use accounting software as a financial steering tool. The largest companies used accounting software to internalize all bookkeeping.
Why using an accounting software in business?
Benefits of online accounting software
The use of accounting software ensures an efficient response to your functional needs in general accounting and offers you the possibility of analyzing your results (cost accounting). Much more convenient than Excel, accounting software:
- Save time by automating common accounting operations
- Allow you to reduce your accounting costs by internalizing services provided by accountants
- Facilitate the completion of the assessment
- Helps to track third-party accounts
- Ensure compliance with legal obligations. They meet a need for rigor and transparency required for all French companies.
- You follow day by day cash receipts and disbursements as well as fixed assets.
- The accounting documents are modified as and when the general ledger.
- The accounting management software is not incompatible with the work of a chartered accountant. Some software gives access to your accountant so that he can carry out the accounting of your company by taking into account the data integrated into your online software.
- Tax and VAT reporting procedures and declarations will be facilitated by the use of the software.
- Accounting software helps you make the right decisions by having a realistic view of the state of your company's finances, but also by allowing you to project new investments.
- SaaS accounting software (online) does not depend on the operating system and updates are done automatically.
- Open Source accounting software does not comply with the finance law
How to choose ?
Here are some important features to consider when choosing the right accounting software:
- Good ergonomics of the interface: It must be easy to understand and very easy to use. online accounting solutions are more inuitive. Avoid choosing a commercial management software that would be a real gas plant.
- Accounting entry: This is the main action of your accounting software and it must be done quickly so you do not waste time on a daily basis. Opt for a basic entry with the import and export of your data so you can use the numbers if you are in a meeting or with your accountant who will more easily reconcile banking.
- Monitoring of third-party accounts: It is important to know the movements of the accounts related to your partners and employees.
- The VAT return if you are subject to it.
- The realization of an analytical forecast: It invites you to become acquainted with the possibilities of your company and to better apprehend your possibilities to imagine a new project. This gives you a long-term view of the potential evolution of your business.
- The ability to export the accounting entries and to develop the tax package more easily.
- The dashboard to have a synthetic view of the accounting situation of the company
Accounting software for freelancers, autoentrepreneurs and freelancers
- Sage Accounting Online
Accounting software for startups and TPE
- Easy counting
- Compta Sky
- EBP software online
- Itool Accounting
Accounting software for SMEs
- Yourcegid Finance Y2
- Cegid accounting
Accounting software is a tool that often has a strategic role in the decision-making process: cost price, purchase cost, marg. In an external role, the activity aims to give a vision of the evolution of the value of your company: balance sheet, income statement, cash. Discover our guides on accounting.
Complementary solutions of Accounting
Billing and Invoicing
Billing and Provisioning
Enterprise Asset Management (EAM)