ESN software allows employees to communicate, collaborate and share information within a secure platform. It works by creating a virtual space to share ideas, documents, and feedback. It can also integrate with other enterprise applications and tools to streamline workflows.
Enterprise Social Network (ESN) Software
An Enterprise Social Network is a collaborative platform similar to an intranet 2.0, which brings together communities of employees, customers and partners of a company within the same tool to facilitate information sharing and interactions.
Our selection of 10 enterprise social network (esn) software
Boost productivity and collaboration with this Enterprise Social Network software that connects teams, simplifies communication and centralizes resources.
Enhance team collaboration with features such as real-time messaging, video calls and shared calendars. Streamline workflows with document management, task assignment and project tracking. Access all resources in one place with customizable dashboards and integrations with popular tools.Read our analysis about Talkspirit
Paid version from €14.00 /month
Collaborate effectively with a cloud-based platform that streamlines communication, file sharing, and project management.
Interstis facilitates real-time collaboration between team members, allowing for easy tracking of tasks and deadlines. With its intuitive interface and powerful features, it's the ideal solution for businesses looking to streamline their workflow and boost productivity.Read our analysis about Interstis
Paid version from €4.00 /month
Boost collaboration and communication within your enterprise with this powerful ESN software.
With its user-friendly interface, eXo Platform offers a range of features including real-time messaging, group discussion forums, document sharing, and task management. Its customisable dashboards and social intranet capabilities make it a versatile tool for any organisation.Read our analysis about eXo Platform
Paid version from US$5.00 /month
Boost collaboration and communication with this powerful ESN software. Share, create, and discuss content with colleagues in real-time.
Jive-n's ESN software provides a centralised platform for teams to work together, improving productivity and engagement. Features such as customisable profiles and groups, mobile accessibility, and integration with other tools make it a comprehensive solution for businesses of any size.Read our analysis about Jive-n
Pricing on request
Streamline communication and collaboration among employees with powerful ESN software.
Designed for enterprise-level organisations, this software offers a range of features to enhance employee productivity and engagement. From instant messaging and group chats to document sharing and task management, iVision simplifies team communication and boosts collaboration.Read our analysis about iVision
Paid version from US$4.00 /month
Boost collaboration and productivity with an ESN software that streamlines communication, file sharing, and project management.
With a user-friendly interface, Joincube enables teams to stay connected and organised, with features such as group chat, task assignment, and calendar integration. Its customisable dashboard and analytics provide insights into team performance and engagement.Read our analysis about Joincube
Pricing on request
Boost productivity and collaboration with an Enterprise Social Network software. Share files, communicate and manage projects with ease.
Keep your team connected and informed with a user-friendly interface that allows real-time collaboration, instant messaging and notifications. Manage your projects and tasks effortlessly, while keeping track of progress and deadlines. Enjoy a secure platform that guarantees data privacy and compliance.Read our analysis about Plek
Paid version from €5.00 /month
Enhance your team's communication and collaboration with this Enterprise Social Network software. Share files, organise projects, and stay connected with ease.
With this software, you can create customised pages for different teams, departments, or projects. The platform also allows for real-time chat and video conferencing, making remote work seamless. Plus, the software integrates with popular apps like Slack and Google Drive.Read our analysis about Jamespot
Paid version from €2.30 /month
Connect and collaborate seamlessly with colleagues across your organization using this ESN software.
With this software, you can create private groups, share files, and even integrate with other tools to streamline your workflow. Stay up-to-date with company news and engage with your colleagues through its user-friendly interface.Read our analysis about Yammer
Paid version from US$3.00 /month
Boost productivity and collaboration with this enterprise social network software. Share files, communicate with colleagues, and track projects all in one place.
Workplace from Meta streamlines communication and collaboration within your organization. Its intuitive interface allows for easy file sharing, messaging, and project tracking. Say goodbye to scattered information and hello to increased productivity.Read our analysis about Workplace from Meta
Enterprise Social Network (ESN) software: purchase guide
What is an Enterprise Social Network?
An Enterprise Social Network (ESN) is a digital collaboration platform that allows employees and partners of a company to form communities to communicate and collaborate effectively.
Enterprise social networking opens up channels of access to individuals and information adapted to it. More than a simple working tool, the ESN is an internal communication tool for organizations with a collaborative dimension. Today, it is a cornerstone of digital transformation.
The ESN is often perceived as a Social Intranet that replaces the Intranet and the Enterprise Extranet 1.0 such as Sharepoint or Drupal. However, it should not be confused with a "professional network" such as Linkedin, which is a networking platform only (ESN is a corporate communication tool above all). Almost 80% of large companies have implemented a ESN.
How do Enterprise Social Networks work?
An Enterprise Social Network is a computer program hosted in a public cloud (datacenter) or a private cloud (internal managed servers) and accessible via a web browser. It is made up of an applicative ecosystem that includes the internal communication features that are found in social networks such as Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter (content sharing, likes, comments, user profile, instant messaging) with collaborative tools (document sharing, skills research, task management, project management, ideation, knowledge management).
The deployment of a ESN in a company is a cultural upheaval because this tool modifies interactions between individuals. This is why companies use external consultants to facilitate the adoption of the collaborative platform. Deploying a ESN also involves a phase of customization of the platform to adapt it to the information system and business processes (e.g. validation procedures) like any other web project of this type.
What are the features of an enterprise social network?
The features of an Enterprise Social Network are designed to develop collaborative work and digital communication in a unified and strategic way:
- Document Management (DMS): document hierarchy, archiving, document sharing
- Idea management: fostering the emergence of collaborative projects
- Task and project management
- Knowledge management
- Collaborative monitoring: increasing the knowledge of a working group
- CMS (content management): blogging for corporate reputation and e-marketing
- Customer relationship: Social CRM, CRM, lead management, customer experience
- Sharing content, likes, comments
- Instant messaging for chatting with colleagues
- Conversational digital marketing with customers
- Simplification of the managerial organization (more cross-functionality)
- Participatory management of the company (Decision-making shared between management and operational teams)
What companies use Enterprise Social Networking?
There are usually two types of companies that use ESN. Among them, you may find companies that use agile project management and companies that are looking to remodel their organization.
- Business Schools
- Large companies
3 groups of individuals are involved in an ESN project:
- Leadership: CIO, HRD, Works Council, Communication Manager, Decision-makers
- The ambassador: Project manager, early adoption
- The user: the employee who uses the new tool
What are the benefits of using an Enterprise Social Network?
Setting up an ESN is often part of an HR strategy also called HR marketing, which aims to stimulate social interactions in the company in order to enhance Human Capital:
- Strengthen the sense of belonging and unite employees around the corporate culture
- Promote teleworking thanks to the mobile workstation (always accessible via the Internet)
- Innovate more quickly thanks to the creativity of our employees
- Improve the employer brand (E-reputation)
- Employee retention
- Valuation of knowledge and collective intelligence
- Improve team productivity and responsiveness
- Be in line with the new digital practices of Generation Y
- Support the development of new technologies in companies. The ESN is an accelerator of digital transformation.
- Break down barriers between departments in silos. Encourage interaction and communication between teams from different spheres
- Facilitate teamwork
- Facilitate speaking in the company
- Bringing transparency to employees
- A change management phase by a third-party consulting firm is almost essential to obtain approval, disseminate good practices and enable employees to adopt the tool.
- The cost of a service provider to adapt (possibly) the software solution
- Impacts on the role of the HR function (bilateral relationship with employees instead of the classic top-to-bottom)
- Companies have concerns about data confidentiality
- The involvement of each user is difficult to obtain
- Requires a more transversal rethinking of work organization
- Non-compliance of certain practices with the Labour Code (working time, etc.)
- Emergence of distractions
How to choose an ESN?
To ensure a successful digital transition with a collaborative ESN Intranet, it is necessary to enhance the criteria in accordance with its digital strategy:
- Choose between proprietary or Open Source solution
- Choose between SaaS (Cloud Computing) or On-Premise (Information at your expense) mode
- Cybersecurity: opt for a very secure solution (AES256, Blockchain, double authentication, etc.)
- Product innovation in relation to another (using Big Data, Mooc, artificial intelligence, etc.)
- Ergonomics: user experience, ease of use and adoption of CSR
- Social responsibility
- Integrations: Google Apps, IBM connection, Docker, etc.
- Mobility: mobile application, responsive design, the desktop version
Popular ESN and better collaborative solutions
A collaborative and social software solution such as Jamespot Intranet Social, Yammer (combined with Skype),Facebook for Business, allows employees of companies to connect with each other to communicate and share data, often in a public forum. In social network software, users are represented by a profile.
Discover our guides on Enterprise Social Networks (ESN).
Enterprise Social Network (ESN) softwares: Q&A
Look for features such as real-time messaging, group chat, document sharing, file storage, video conferencing, and project management tools. The ability to integrate with other enterprise tools such as CRM, HR, and productivity suites is also important.
ESN software promotes collaboration, improves communication and fosters a sense of community within your organisation. It enhances employee engagement, productivity and helps to streamline workflows. It also facilitates knowledge-sharing, making it easier for employees to learn from each other and stay up-to-date with the latest information.
Popular ESN software options include Yammer, Chatter, SharePoint, Slack, and Bitrix24. Each has its unique features and capabilities, so research and evaluate them based on your organisation's needs and budget.
Some free ESN software options include Hootsuite, Asana, Trello, Slack, and Microsoft Teams. However, free versions may have limited features, so evaluate them carefully before deciding on the best fit for your organisation.