Backup software works by creating copies of your important data and storing it on another device or in the cloud. The software can be set up to run automatically and perform backups at scheduled intervals, ensuring that your data is always protected.
Online backup software is computer software that automatically duplicates your computer and/or server data to save them in a secure space. Restoring your lost data is quick for your IT department and significantly reduces the disastrous consequences of a business interruption in the event of a disaster or incident.
Our selection of 12 backup software
BDRSuite is the epitome of robust data security and recovery, offering an all-encompassing solution to protect your Virtual, Physical, Cloud, and SaaS applications from unforeseen data loss and...
...calamities. It is tailored to cater to the diverse needs of SMBs, enterprises, and service providers seeking superior data protection without breaking the bank.Read our analysis about BDRSuite
Pricing on request
Streamline your business with MSP software. Monitor, manage and automate tasks for your clients.
NinjaOne MSP software allows you to easily track and resolve issues, automate billing and reporting, and manage multiple clients from one dashboard. Save time and increase productivity.Read our analysis about NinjaOne
Paid version from €15.00 /month
Protect your data with ease. Automate your backups and recover your files quickly with this Backup software.
Openbackup ensures your data is safe with automatic backups and instant recovery options. It's user-friendly interface and customizable settings make data protection effortless.Read our analysis about Openbackup
Pricing on request
Protect your data with a powerful backup software that also includes anti-malware and anti-ransomware features.
Acronis Cyber Protect offers a comprehensive solution for businesses looking to safeguard their data. Along with backup capabilities, the software includes AI-based protection against cyberthreats, remote desktop management, and patch management to keep your systems up-to-date.Read our analysis about Acronis Cyber Protect
Pricing on request
Robust backup software with multiple features to secure your data.
Uranium Backup offers flexible backup scheduling, AES-256 encryption, and cloud integration for a comprehensive backup solution. Its intuitive interface and fast backups make it a reliable choice for businesses of all sizes.Read our analysis about Uranium Backup
Pricing on request
Ferro Backup System is a network backup system intended for small offices and medium corporations and institutions alike.
It allows you to protect data stored at desktops, laptops and network file servers operating under Microsoft Windows, Linux, MacOS and VMWare ESX. Ferro Backup System operates within a client/server architecture and helps secure computers connected to a network.Read our analysis about Ferro Backup System (FBS)
Pricing on request
Securely store and recover your data with this Backup software. Automated backups and easy data retrieval ensure peace of mind.
With this software, you can schedule backups to run automatically, ensuring that your data is always protected. In addition, the software uses state-of-the-art encryption to keep your files safe. If you need to recover your data, the process is quick and easy, with intuitive tools that guide you through the process.Read our analysis about Oodrive Save
Paid version from €29.00
Protect your data with this powerful Backup software. Automatic scheduling, encryption and cloud storage options make it easy to manage your backups.
With this Backup software, you can schedule backups to run automatically, ensuring that your data is always protected. Choose from a variety of storage options, including local and cloud-based storage. The software also includes encryption features, so you can rest assured that your data is secure.Read our analysis about Iperius Backup
Paid version from €36.00 /year
Easily backup and restore your files with this software. Protect your data and prevent loss with automated backups.
With this backup software, you can schedule backups to run automatically, ensuring that your data is always protected. The software also offers a range of backup options, including full, incremental, and differential backups, as well as disk cloning and system backup.Read our analysis about EaseUS Todo Backup
Pricing on request
Automate your backup process with advanced scheduling and incremental backups. Enjoy fast and reliable data recovery with this cloud-based software.
Nakivo's backup software offers a range of features including support for multiple platforms, file-level recovery, and encryption. With its user-friendly interface, you can easily manage and monitor your backups from anywhere, and save time with automated tasks like backup verification and email notifications.Read our analysis about Nakivo
Pricing on request
Powerful backup software with flexible scheduling and easy data recovery.
AOMEI Backupper offers a range of backup options, including full, incremental, and differential backups, as well as system, disk, and file backups. The software also allows for flexible scheduling, so you can set up automatic backups to suit your needs. Plus, with easy data recovery options, you can quickly restore your files and system in case of any data loss.Read our analysis about AOMEI Backupper
Securely backup files with automatic scheduling, compression and encryption.
Cobian Backup allows you to backup files to local or remote locations, with customizable scheduling, compression and encryption settings for added security.Read our analysis about Cobian Backup
Backup software: purchase guide
What is Backup Software?
Definition: Backup Software
Online backup solutions back up the data (active and inactive) of your information system and allow you to recover them in the event of an incident that makes them inaccessible: malicious attack, hardware crash, human error, natural disaster, etc.
Online backup software includes:
- Backup: real-time backup of all user data
- Restoration and Business Resumption Plan (BRP): restoration of all or part of the data, when needed.
- Security: the transferred data is scanned by an antivirus software, before being encrypted and compressed
In general, the lifespan of a backup is less than one year. Beyond that, we are dealing with storage.
How Does it Work?
These tools make copies of the data (disk image) of the information system, compress them, encrypt them and store them in a secure storage space.
The backup applies to the following data:
- Active data: files on which employees work daily
- Inactive data (frozen data): database, customer files, e-mails, invoices, accounting, etc.
You access the backup software online and can perform a backup of your system on a physical medium (hard disk, ssd, personal server, etc.) or in a cloud.
In the event of loss, theft, computer failure, attack, etc., you can restore your data from the backup or recover missing (or damaged) files.
What are the main features of backup software?
To discuss the functionalities of backup solutions, we can break down the different backups.
The Different Types of Backup
- Backup software offers several types of backup that you can define at the time of installation:
- Full backup: The automatic backup synchronization software makes a full copy of all your data every time. This is the most complete backup of your information. It requires a very large storage space and allows you to find a modified version depending on the date it was made.
- Incremental backup: The incremental backup software records changes made since the last recording while keeping the different versions of a file.
- Differential backup: It only includes modified files and deletes subsequent versions.
- Delta backup: This is the backup of predefined elements and some information.
The duration of these different backups is decreasing.
Back up your Data Internally
Internal backup allows you to make a copy (or several copies) of your information on another storage device: computer, USB key, external hard disk (via zip compression to optimize space) or on another server (via an ftp server to transfer files).
Your data is encrypted and inaccessible in case of loss of the backup media.
Backup your Data in a Cloud
Outsourced backup allows you to save your data in a cloud: Google Drive, Amazon S3, Microsoft Azure, Dropbox, OneDrive, etc.
The image of your disk is recorded on a remote server.
Your data is secure:
- Physically against force majeure in your host's data center
- Electronically through encryption that ensures the integrity of your company's information.
Your data is accessible from any computer, you can easily recover it in a few clicks.
Backup tools can be programmed to automatically make a copy of the data after a predefined period of time.
Who Uses Enterprise Backup Software?
The loss of your company's information can be a disaster for your organization if you have no way to save and restore data. A backup solution such as Groobax, Cobian backup, Crashplan, Acronis, Vmware or Syncback, can anticipate these issues.
Internally, these solutions are mainly used by IT departments that install the solutions, plan the frequency of backups and/or perform them manually.
Why Use Backup Software?
The data backup or back up software guarantees the durability of your data and the ability to retrieve all the information related to your company. However, they have some disadvantages.
- Prevention against the loss of key data: accounting, customer files, quotes, invoices, etc.
- Hardware failure protection: computers and NAS servers
- Protection against force majeure: fire, flooding
- Protection against human error: deletion of sensitive files, etc.
- Protection against computer attacks and other malware. You can format your system without risk
- The backup is inactive, it is not subject to editing. If it is lost, the company is not impacted in its daily life
- Restoring a complete system from an outsourced backup requires a quality internal connection
- Maintaining an intranet may require a large server and may be risky in the face of computer attacks, human error, other disasters (fire, flood), or simply hardware overload.
- There may be backup errors
How to Choose a Backup Tool?
Try to compare the offers to see which one will be the most interesting to save your company's data. An online backup software solution can be a good thing if you choose a reliable publisher that can guarantee the integrity of your information. Choose according to:
- The ergonomics of the software. The interface must be simple to set up and you must be able to start configuring and recovering your data easily.
- The quality/price ratio. Compare the offers of different backup providers. Some publishers have free but limited software.
- Storage disk space needed to clone your data.
- Technical service that can help you deal with the loss of your information and explain how to back up and access data encryption.
- The speed of data transfer so as not to slow down the computer system.
Backup softwares: Q&A
When choosing backup software, look for features such as automated backup scheduling, encryption for added security, the ability to backup multiple devices, and easy file restoration options. Additionally, ensure that the software is compatible with your operating system and devices.
Backup software provides several benefits for companies, including protection against data loss due to hardware failure, natural disasters, or cyber attacks. It also allows for easy data recovery, which can reduce downtime and improve productivity.
Some of the best backup software options in the UK market include Acronis Backup, Carbonite, and Veeam Backup & Replication. These software options offer a range of features and pricing options to suit the needs of different businesses.
There are several free backup software options available, including EaseUS Todo Backup, AOMEI Backupper, and Cobian Backup. While these options may not offer all the features of paid software, they can still provide basic backup protection for your important data.