What is Recruiting Software?
The recruiting software supports companies during the recruitment process: from sourcing to the onboarding of new employees.
- It allows a job offer to be submitted to a very wide audience to increase the chances of identifying and attracting the talent that will lead to the company's success.
- It simplifies the search for the best candidate and their integration into the new company.
This category includes application management software, resumes, and other recruitment platforms.
Among the most well-known solutions: Eurécia, Jobaffinity (Intuition Software), Beetween, Gestmax (Kioskemploi), Nicoka ATS, Recrutor, Softy.
How Does it Work?
Offered in SaaS, these recruitment tools structure and support the recruiter throughout the recruitment process. The user accesses these features online:
- Consults the resume library or accesses an updated resume database provided by the publisher of the human resources management solution
- Creates ads and publishes them on ad sites and Job Boards
- Communicates with the various stakeholders (internal and external)
- Processes applications, assesses candidates and communicates with them from a simple and intuitive web interface
The tool can be integrated with your HRIS to facilitate the onboarding of new employees. It can also be a module of your HR information system.
What Are the Main Features of an Online Recruiting Software?
From sourcing to integrating the candidate into the company, this management software allows HR managers to manage the entire process on the tool's online interface.
Sourcing of candidates and analysis of resumes
Chronologically, the recruitment software first allows an HR manager to build their job offers and distribute them:
- He completes the various fields of the job offer creation form;
- He chooses the sites on which he wants to publish it: ad websites, Job Boards, social networks (Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.), internal job page.
The software automatically collects applications for multiple ads and coordinates resumes.
Each candidate is the subject of a personal profile composed of a resume (written or video), a cover letter, skills, experience, etc.
- It is saved in the company's database (by identifying duplicates)
- Assesses the compatibility between the offer and the candidate taking into account the company's needs and the candidate's skills (resume, cover letter, fields completed at the time of application).
The recruitment solution performs a preliminary screening. Recruiters can then choose the best profiles from a list.
The Resume Database and Application Management
The resumes and applications collected provide a database on which a recruiter can zoom in on the profiles that match the new open positions. A search engine allows you to select the required knowledge, skills and experience from keywords and obtain contact profiles.
Some software packages have a regularly updated database of candidates.
A selected profile can be contacted directly from the tool (by e-mail or SMS) to arrange a first call or interview.
Different functionalities allow you to standardize recruitment within your company:
- A recruitment workflow formalizes the process from the initial search stage to the formalization of the employment contract and its registration in the candidate's file.
- Questionnaires can be used to qualify applications and simplify the sorting of resumes.
Forms can be completed at the time of the interview to assess the candidate and collect the comments of the committee.
Some recruitment tools include assessment tests: technical, psychological, and personality.
Others offer organizational and planning features (notifications, agenda, etc.).
The HR Dashboard
Online, the HR manager has access to all the information for each recruiting campaign:
- History of the discussions: evaluation results and comments left for each candidate
- Customized statistics: ROI of campaigns, popular acquisition channels, etc.
They can generate reports and interview summaries in the format of their choice: PDF, Word, etc.
When a candidate is hired, they can share their data with HRIS or CRM to ensure a flawless follow-up of the information on the future employee.
Who Uses Recruiting Software?
For very small businesses, SMEs, HR departments of large groups, recruitment agencies, HR firms, etc., the online recruitment software centralizes all actions to find a candidate corresponding to the needs and skills required for a position.
The tool also has a role to play in Head Hunting to find talent that listens to the job market and opportunities to progress in their careers.
Why Use Company Recruiting Software?
This recruitment solution simplifies the e-recruitment process: everything is managed from the tool interface. However, it has some disadvantages:
- The recruiter can create a job offer on a model that is 100% compatible with recruitment site standards and distribute them in one click
- The software automatically suggests the relevant Job Boards for posting an ad
- The possibility of setting up a recruitment database or even accessing databases of collaborative candidates particularly used in a sourcing process for senior executives
- Collaboration between executives, managers, headhunters and recruitment consultants who can evaluate and take notes on a candidate and benefit from a global synthesis
- Automatic synchronization of emails sent from the platform with professional messages to never lose the flow of exchanges
- It is not a human resources management software (HRIS). Its skills are limited to recruitment. It therefore does not cover the GPEC (competence management), internal mobility of employees, performance management, annual interviews or personnel administration
- A formalized recruitment process may not be appropriate for the specific needs of all departments
- Using recruitment management software can be time-consuming for a very small business or small SME that recruits on time
Find all of our recruitment guides and save time on managing your recruitment to spend more time with your future employees!
Complementary solutions of Recruiting
HR Management System (HRMS)
HR Data Management
Learning Management System (LMS)
Remote Working Management
Applicant Tracking (ATS)