What is online event management software?
Organizing an event is very heavy because it is by definition the meeting of a multitude of different people and populations. The first step is to promote the event, collect the contact details of interested people and invite them by email/sms.
Once the invitations have been issued, everyone must be able to go to a site to browse the details of the event, register and pay for their admission. The participant thus receives an invitation (badge) that he can present at the entrance to access the event.
On-site, the organisers must be able to guide participants to the stands that interest them and the conferences scheduled.
All this is made possible by the event management software available online and therefore accessible to everyone.
How does it work?
Theoretically, event software makes it possible to simplify all the tasks related to the organization of an event, whatever it may be. These IT tools perform these tasks through automated functionalities. On the user's side, he will have an intuitive platform to closely monitor the implementation of his project. These tools include an emailing module, useful for sending thousands of emails in one click. The same applies to other tasks such as reporting.
As it is an online tool, an Internet connection is required. However, it is not necessary to install the software in order to use it. This option allows the user free access to his schedule since it is possible to connect from any terminal.
What are the main features of SaaS event software?
As it is an event solution, these software must integrate these few features to ensure the success of an event:
Seminar solutions such as event software allow a potential participant to register directly online. Once the form is completed, the organizers can easily sort them. This will save them time in managing forms and collecting information about guests. This feature is also a convenient way to track the performance of the organized event by having the exact number of participants.
An event badge is an essential accessory in the organisation of meetings, stands and seminars. Generating a thousand badges is not easy, so the software allows you to do it with a simple gesture. These accessories can be customized according to the wishes of the organizers.
Thanks to these software, managers can create various ticketing systems depending on the event. The tool offers them customizable ticket texts, a simplified background image insertion and many other options to create a ticket for the chek in. Once the tickets have been issued, a module ensures that they are put online, with payment terms and conditions. In general, such tools also allow remote payment. The tickets are then sent by email.
Who uses event management software?
Such software offers computerized services to carry out various events: exhibitions, inaugurations, conferences, congresses, seminars, etc.
All organizations involved in these events can use these tools. These tools are particularly aimed at companies that want to promote their products as effectively as possible. It can also be an individual who takes the organization very seriously. Professional organisers also benefit from it.
Why use event management software in a company?
- The completion of the various tasks is less time-consuming while ensuring greater efficiency in the work
- It optimizes event management
- It saves money and time
- In most cases, free versions offer only half the functionality of professional software.
How to choose an online event management software?
- Depending on the offers offered by the publisher: the functionalities of this type of software differ from one model to another. Some tools are already pre-established, others can be developed to measure. The ideal is to choose a program that is able to meet the needs of the structure.
- Depending on the number of guests: sending badges, emails and sms requires a significant amount of time in event management. It is essential that the software can perform these tasks with a single click to avoid repetitive work. As the number of guests taken into account by these programs is not the same, it is necessary to choose one that can quickly transmit messages to all participants.
- Depending on the cost of the tool: the software on the market is available at different prices. Since each has its advantages and disadvantages, the ideal is to seek the advice of a professional to avoid investing in a tool that would not meet the needs of the company.
The best free and open-source event software
The most popular event management software
- Agora Agencies
For SMEs and VSEs
- TEMPO Event
- AGORA Sites
Making conferences, planning fairs, organizing meetings... all these activities require good planning. Thanks to this type of software, all the tasks related to these events are simplified, for greater efficiency.
Complementary solutions of Event Management
Website Builder & CMS
Product Data Feed Management
Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
Public Relations (PR)
Customer Data Platform (CDP)
Social Media Marketing
Personalization and Behavioral Targeting