CMMS software is organizational and planning software that is designed to maintain a standard level of service and defined in advance by its designers. They are generally used in IT to monitor the performance of a department, in production to detect problems on equipment or in corporate finance to monitor normal and abnormal developments.
Compare software systems of CMMS
CMMS: purchase guide
What is the Purpose of a CMMS Tool?
CMMS tools are similar to software packages, i.e. they go far beyond traditional software: they are perfectly integrated into the company's information system.
Overall, CMMS software packages make it possible to detect, monitor or report on the status of an information system. They make it possible to replace the time-consuming daily tracking of production, financial, HR and strategic data that can highlight a sudden change, a flaw, an opportunity, etc.
CMMS software finds applications in all the company's functions, but the main ones can be identified as:
- Monitoring of equipment such as cars, computers, production machines
- Management of corrective or preventive maintenance
- Stock management in order to replenish stocks, for example, if the stock limit is reached
- Human resources management within a project management or salaried personnel management framework.
- Strategic management of the company by measuring KPIs
What is Predictive Maintenance?
Predictive maintenance refers to the technology used to collect and interpret industrial data (overheating, delays, etc.) in order to infer the risks of future failures and to process them before the failure occurs. Predictive maintenance is not the same as corrective maintenance that occurs during a failure.